Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana
These do not taste like normal pancakes, however, they are a great substitute! The whole recipe is only 200 calories which is a bonus. The whole house smelled delicious as I cooked them!
My lunch was not very exciting... I had chicken fried rice. I'm not even sure it is totally wheat free but it was very greasy and did not leave me feeling very well.
Dinner however was amazing!
Not exactly low in calories but I came up with this eggplant concoction. I guess I will call it Eggplant Casserole.
- 1 Large Eggplant
- Tomato Paste
- Ricotta Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Feta Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube the sausage and cook it in a skillet.
- Add tomato paste into sausage and mix it.
- Cube the eggplant and place it in a casserole dish.
- Add the sausage with tomato paste and mix it with the cubed eggplant.
- Layer the ricotta cheese on top of the eggplant mixture. Just add enough to cover it all
- Sprinkle the goat and feta cheese on top of the ricotta.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the eggplant is nice and soft.
Serves about 4
I feel like my first day wheat free went very well! I still have a ways to go as far as balancing my diet but I went to the grocery store today and was still able to come home with a trunk-full of wheat free foods. I am now in the search of alternative flours such as almond and coconut flour. I was not able to find it at my local grocery stores and am still on the hunt. I found some on amazon and was quite surprised at the price! I plan on going to Whole Foods tomorrow to see if I can find a better option.
I'll keep you posted!